From the Broke and the Bookish – February 2: Top Ten Historical Settings You Love/ Ten Historical Settings You’d Love To See or Top Futuristic Books You Love/Ten Futuristic Societies I’d Love To Read in Books — basically this week is all about the past or the future….spin it however you choose!
I’ve decided to do my top historical and future settings I love to read about.
- 1850-1900, think bodice-rippers featuring devilish dukes and lusty earls
- 1914-1948, think historical fiction or fiction with a historical setting, like The Forgotten Seamstress or The Thirteenth Tale
- Post-apocalyptic with a new world order already set up, think The Lunar Chronicles or Ready Player One
- Post-apocalyptic with a new screwed up world order, think The Giver or The Hunger Games
- Ancient Greece/Ancient Rome, think historical fiction or fiction with a historical setting, or any sort of mythology based story from this era
- Alternative history, think what if we changed this one thing, i.e. adding werewolves to 1880’s London (The Parasol Protectorate) or giving Nick Gautier a demon uncle for a guide (Chronicles of Nick, part of the Dark Hunter world)