If I’m being realistic and not just idealistic, this might take some time to hammer out. If this is “who I’d like to sit” rather than “who I’d actually be sitting with” then the lists are completely different. It’s hard to know which fictional characters I would be friends with. But let’s begin.
1) Hermione Granger from Harry Potter – She’s an outspoken activist & nerd. She is really smart and quietly pretty (after she gets her teeth fixed at least). Plus she rocks at telling boys what to do.
2) Lizzie & Jane Bennet from Pride & Prejudice – I just know if these two were in my time period, I would be friends with them. Jane is the sweet one and Lizzie is the blunt one.
3) Mercy Thompson from The Mercy Thompson Series (Patricia Briggs) – Definite badass but quietly smart. She is an introvert and also a shapeshifter which is pretty awesome.
4) Nick Gautier from The Chronicles of Nick (Sherrilyn Kenyon) – I definitely want this young, sweet, responsible version of Nick at my table. He cares about people but can also handle himself against his enemies. And he isn’t (yet) a womanizing pig.
5) Raisa ana’Marianna from The Seven Realms Series (Cinda Williams Chima) – I wouldn’t know her as the princess and heir to the throne, but who she was when she at Wein House. Smart, motivated, intense future leader.
6) Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire – He might be a dwarf but his sharp tongue more than makes up for it. He is highly intelligent and knows the good wines for partying.
7) Sookie Stackhouse from The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series (Charlaine Harris) – She might be a little withdrawn and I’d have to watch what I think around her, but adding another sweet, well-meaning person to the table wouldn’t be a bad thing.
8) Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe – Everyone needs a little whimsy and imagination in their lives, even if it turns out that Narnia is a real place. Lucy would be a better addition than Susan who is a little snotty for my taste.
9) Percy Jackson from The Heroes of Olympus (Rick Riordan) – Quietly awesome, witty and charismatic when he puts his mind to it. Plus somehow ends up in trouble and could add a dash and fun misbehavior.
10) Karla from The Black Jewels Trilogy: Heir to the Shadows (Anne Bishop) – She is a little frosty and short tempered but also smart, creative, and firm. We definitely need a little edge to round out the table.
The more I started thinking about this topic, the more I realized that most of the men I would want sitting at my lunch table is only because I find them attractive. But in reality, they’d probably be more likely to sit with the jocks. (Hey, I have a type, don’t judge.) I think I’m pretty happy with my choices. Everyone is pretty smart, usually some sort of athlete (even if it’s just running from monsters), and generally a good person which the the most important piece. Not sure if all of them will mesh together well but these are the types of people I would like to be surrounded by.