I am absolutely floored right now. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my new friend Real Girl, No Name! I recently discovered this talented girl and her 365 days of poetry which I am loving. Thank you so much for choosing me!
What is this honor you might ask? Well, it is an award to recognize new talented bloggers with less than 1,000 followers. And I’m humbled that someone thinks me fit to be nominated for this.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator
- Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Make up and post eleven questions for your nominees to answer
- Post these rules on your blog
Here are the 11 questions Real Girl, No Name would like me to answer.
If you had the chance to meet any real person (living or dead) who would it be?
This is always an interesting question and I think it changes every time I answer it. Today, that choice would probably be Edgar Allan Poe. I really want to ask him what that Raven was all about. Just kidding, but I would like to know how he died and convince him to tell me some stories around a campfire so I can be even more terrified to sleep in the secluded woods.
If you had the chance to meet any fictional person who would it be?
I would love to meet Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. I think he is mysterious and fascinating and even after reading about his life, I still think I would enjoy a conversation…and perhaps a hug from this 6’7″ god.
What actor/actress would you want to star in a movie with you?
If I had to pick an actor that I got to kiss/do action scenes with, it would definitely be Jensen Ackles (For those of you not in the know, he is a star in the CW show “Supernatural”). If I had to pick an actor just to do a scene with, it would be Johnny Depp, because that man can basically play any part imaginable.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I always struggle with this one. I’m a huge mint chocolate chip fan, but I’m currently on a maple walnut kick…which is very hard to find in the south.
What is one thing that you have never done and wished you could?
I have always wanted to go to an event celebrating a fandom, whether it’s ComiCon or a book signing or a movie premiere, I want to be a part of it for once.
What would your superhero name be?
Well if I could have a superpower, it would probably be teleportation. So I think something nerdy like the “Speed Reader” or “Lightning Librarian” might suit.
What is your catchphrase/ mantra/ “words to live by”?
It’s going to sound very weird, but my current mantra is “ain’t nobody got time for that”. And putting aside the grammatical issues with this phrase and the fact that it came from a Youtube sensation video, I actually think it has merit. Perhaps not in the way the original user intended, but I use it more as a “life is short, do what needs to be done now” type way. Sometimes, I put it to use ironically, but more often than not, I just say it because I need to get shit done and I can’t be bothered to waste time.
Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
According to Jung, I am an INFJ, which makes sense considering how much reading a good book can recharge me. And while most people mistake my outgoing personality for extroversion, it’s truly just because I care about people and want everyone to feel included and welcome into my life.
What is the worst advice that someone has ever given you?
I missed softball tryouts because I was in Florida with my family and was too timid as a freshman to ask the coach to be on JV. “Playing tennis this year will help you be more prepared for softball next year.” No, it didn’t. I actually hated it. And my coach couldn’t understand why I couldn’t master the game. (Truth: there is a level of control to swinging a tennis racket that there isn’t in softball and I didn’t want to learn it.)
What is the best advice that someone has ever given you?
In regards to studying abroad, it went something like this: “I know it’s far but if you don’t apply because of me, you might look back and regret it and I don’t want that to happen. If you apply and don’t get in then at least you know you tried, but of course you’ll get in. So when you do get in, you will decide to go and then you will be there and it will be amazing and you will look back and wonder why you ever thought this shouldn’t be a possibility.” When in doubt, always, always, always study abroad in college. Or at least apply. It will be an amazing experience that you will never forget. I went to Ireland for a semester and am so glad my now ex-boyfriend convinced me to apply at the time.
Is there any part of your life that you would do over again if you could?
Of course there are parts that I would consider doing over but the reality is that everything in life happens for a reason. Every decision, good or bad, every place I went, every person I talked to helped to shape me into who I am today and I really like the person I am. Another great lesson from my ex is that life shouldn’t be lived with regrets, regrets are meaningless and they hold you back. You can’t change the past but you can shape how it will affect your future. And that is infinitely more important.
Whew. Okay and now here are my nominees, in no particular order of favorites:
1) The Super Organizer Universe (For sheer awesome talent when it comes to organization, seriously, this guy should have a PhD in it.)
2) 21st Century Library Blog (Just started following today but stumbled across a great article and now I’m addicted. Especially since I am a MLS student)
3) The Book That… (Really great raw talent and lots of books in common!)
4) Hey, Library Girl! (Her book reviews and weekend in pop culture posts are my favs.)
5) booksandopinions.com (Thoughts of the day, fun facts, books, libraries, LOVE!)
6) Snippets of a Librarian’s World (Because I like her philosophy even though she is just starting out.)
7) My Journey to the Acknowledgements (So. Many. Book. Postings!)
8) the writer girl’s diary (This girl has it all: movies, books, music.)
And the questions they must answer so that we can better know them!
- What is your favorite food?
- What 3 books are at the top of your to-be-read pile (physical or digital)?
- What’s better a highlighter or a post-it note?
- Blue ink or black?
- What is your favorite art medium? (i.e poetry, paintings, prose)
- What is your dream job?
- If you could be anyone, living or dead, for one day, who would it be and why?
- Would you rather be able to eat anything without gaining a pound or get paid a decent salary to do your favorite hobby?
- Who is your favorite Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks villain and why?
- Would you rather be able to fly or teleport?
- If you could be immortal (and not have to live off blood), would you choose to be and why?