…or do people not think before they do things anymore?
While bouncing around my favorite news source (Buzzfeed, of course), I found this article about a teen who was sleeping with her cell phone under her pillow and woke up to find that it had become a smoldering mess.
Now weighing in on the great cell phone debate, let me just preface this by saying that I love my Samsung and until Apple is the only company producing smartphones, I will continue to buy Samsung. Glad I got that out of my system and now back to my point.
A young girl in Texas had her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow, so she was essentially suffocating it. First off, why was she even sleeping with it under her pillow? Why wasn’t the phone safely on her nightstand or even *gasp!* the floor?
I was under the impression that it’s common knowledge that all computers (and most modern electronics for that matter) need a level of free-flowing air in order to not overheat and melt. And since smartphones are essentially minute computers, wouldn’t the same rules apply to them?
Not to mention that it states in the user manual (which, come on, nobody really reads anyway) that you shouldn’t smother your phone. But even if you don’t read the manual, you wouldn’t sleep with your TV, tablet, e-reader, or iPod under your pillow so why would you put a smartphone there?
Once again with the whole lowest common denominator phenomenon (LCDP), we shouldn’t need huge labels on our phones that say we shouldn’t restrict their air flow. Of course, we also shouldn’t need warnings on lawn push mowers not to use them as hedge clippers…